Tuesday 2 August 2011

Ethereal Revisited.


                                                                          










Images courtesy of LOVE


After slowly releasing the images of Hollywood’s brightest child stars Chloe Moretz, Elle Fanning and Hailee Steinfeld, their other five compatriot cover stars have now joined them for the anticipated release of LOVE’s 6th issue. Sitting pretty for Mert Alas and Marcus Piggottoo are fellow newcomers Lara Stone, Mariacarla Boscono, Kristen McMenamy, Nyasha Matonhodze and Daphne Groeneveld all sporting a similarly melancholy expression for the magazine's ‘Supernatural’ edition. LOVE editor Katie Grand explains her tearful spread through her fascination with that “lack of inhibition and the power that freedom from self-consciousness can bring [....] Their faces untouched except for their own tears, following the Romantics' belief that beauty is truth and truth, beauty."

Quite frankly, I am in love. Inspired by the romance and fragility of this innocence, the styling in these shots is a dream. I for one will be taking great inspiration from this for the end of the summer/early autumn. The time of year is now approaching when the sun has a beautiful, eerie quality whereby at 5pm, every person and object is lit by the most haunting natural glow. Everything takes on an other-worldly romance; the most grotesque building is warmed. I used to experience this feeling every September as I walked through Hyde Park in Leeds , returning home from lectures. Particularly looking at Hailee Steinfeld’s cover, the light falls in a similar way to how I wish I looked on such evenings (but inevitably do not). However, even if the light isn't as forgiving as I would hope, the styling achieved here through the combination of earthly nudes with delicate lace and untouched florals creates the most celestial of looks that I am beyond envious of and destined to be trying. Flowing cream skirts and rose stained lips will most definitely be on the agenda for me. However, there is no ignoring the ‘Heritage’ tag being thrown around regarding this A/W trends so perhaps I’ll be cracking out the tweed and my trusty brown riding ankle boots to accompany my nymph like pleats and return me to earth somewhat.

Taking inspiration from Danish ELLE 's May 2011 editorial (Background images:Signe Vilstrup) , below are some pieces to get anyone well on their way from a simple autumnal floral print to the Comitma cream dress Iam currently coveting with all my heart. I also highly recommend MeMeMe lip colours - I recently attended their relaunch and some of their products are well worth the wait. I'll keep posted on them.




Nude Iris Print Tulip Dress: Topshop £55.00
Cream Lace Blouse: Miss Selfridge £35.00
Suede Slouch Satchel: ASOS £65.00
Lita Tan Kid Brogues: H by Hudson £95.00 (available at Coggles.com)



Cream Dress: Comitma by Malene Birger £425.00 (available at Coggles.com)
Lace Panel Dress: Topshop £60.00
Long wear Satin Lipstick in Eva: MeMeMe £8.50 (available at mememecosmetics.co.uk)

No comments:

Post a Comment